Do you want a step-by-step process and all the tools to help you make informed and wise decisions about how, where and when to invest?
Do you want a custom investment approach that matches the current market and your cash flow, borrowing capacity, risk appetite and life stage?
With Capital Properties on your team, you’ll have all the tools, analysis, research and report to make smart decisions and reach your goals.
- Capital Properties has an easy, simple and informative seven step process that changes the way purchasers interact with real estate agents and helps you achieve your property investment goals.
- It starts with a free Discovery Session to understand your current position and where you want to be heading.
- Get all the deep knowledge, insights, tools and support with a Strategy Session and the ongoing Capital Properties Pinnacle Program.
Most people will likely only need to engage a real estate agent a handful of times in their lives. Purchasing a property can be a daunting and unfamiliar process if you’ve had limited experience.
The traditional model
The typical real-estate agents’ main focus is hunting for listings. A listing is an agreement between a real estate agent and an owner of a property which allows an agent the authority to act as the owner’s agent in the sale of the property.
This model works in the interest of the seller. The agent represents the seller and will be motivated to get the highest price possible for the vendor because the real estate agent’s commission is percentage based. So, the higher the sale price, the higher the commission.
The by-product of the old model is that the process of purchasing an investment property can drag out. As the purchaser, you spend a lot of time of realestate.com.au researching and feeling like you’re not getting anywhere. The model is set up for someone to lose for the other to gain.
The Capital Properties approach is different!
The Capital Properties 7 Step Process
The Capital Properties 7 Step Process has been created to change the way purchasers interact with real estate agents.
Our goal is to make purchasing a property part of the overall strategy to achieving your personal and financial goals. It includes regular scheduled reviews and tweaks that move you towards what’s important to you.
We simplify the process because we truly believe that investing in property doesn’t have to be difficult.
One of the most important parts of our role as your Defence Force property investment specialist is navigating you through the process and helping you feel informed and empowered every step of the way.
The Discovery Session
Our first meeting is designed to get to know you and understand your financial situation, including your short, medium, and long-term goals.
It’s also a chance for you to get to know us! It’s an opportunity for you to find out if we are a great fit for you and whether you’d enjoy working with us.
We’ll explain our 7 Step Process in detail and answer any questions you might have.
Investor tools used in the Discovery Session:
- capitalproperties.com.au > Capital-Properties-Blog > Dream big to live large through goal setting
- capitalproperties.com.au > Capital-Properties-Blog > Mind mapping your way to the lifestyle you want to live
- capitalproperties.com.au > Capital-Properties-Blog > How you’re tracking toward your lifestyle goals
- capitalproperties.com.au > Capital-Properties-Blog > Property investors squash distractions by setting goals
In the Discovery Session, our main objective is to build a snapshot of your current situation. We do this by asking you a series of questions from our detailed 19-page Fact Finder.
The information we collect is then collated and shared with our finance team. We’ll also request a couple of current payslips from you. Usually before your session, so we can have the team assess your borrowing capacity – aka your ability to borrow money to buy an investment property.
Knowing where you are with your finances right now, and where you want to be in the future, are the first steps in developing a personal strategy. Every client has different goals and risk appetites and is at a different stage in their finances and timeline. So, every client needs a different approach.
There’s no one size fits all.
You can prepare for your Discovery Session by checking your current financial situation.
Once you have completed the Discovery Session and supplied resent payslips the team will be able to tell you what your borrowing capacity is. This is basically an estimate of how much you can borrow from the bank. Your borrowing capacity will dictate how you approach your property investment strategy and how many properties you can buy.
Other factors determining your property strategy
- Income – how much income you earn for example from wages, assets or shares.
- Expenses –your liabilities and living expenses in a per week, month and year.
- Life timeline – what life stage you are in (single, starting a family, entering retirement).
The Strategy Session
The Strategy Session is designed to give you an overall market prospective on a state by state basis. We use the information in our Australian Property Market Report to guide the decision-making process. This helps you to understand the best property market to enter. It also details property location criteria in the form of a check list that can be used to compare potential suburbs.
Investor tools used in the Strategy Session:
- capitalproperties.com.au > ResourcesTools > Australian Property Market Report
- capitalproperties.com.au > ResourcesTools > Investor-tools-apps > Property Selection Criteria
Once you have selected an area, you’ll need to run some numbers to make sure you can comfortably hold the property. The numbers you run should take into consideration interest rate movements on your home loan, generous holding expenses such as water and council rates, insurance (building and landlord), property management fees and maintenance.
Investor tools used to determine holding capacity:
- capitalproperties.com.au > ResourcesTools > Investor-tools-apps > Property Gearing Calculator (under Your Investment Property Toolkit)
When you’ve completed the Discovery and Strategy Sessions, you’ll have a step by step process to help you make the most of your time. You’ll also be provided with property investment research reports and a cash flow analysis to help you make an informed investment decision within a 2 to 3-week timeframe. We have your hand through the entire process through our Capital Properties Pinnacle Program.
Property investing too hard to start by yourself?
Learn & Grow through our Discovery and Strategy Sessions
Book into our free Discovery Session. We’ll get to know each other, explore goals and discover property investment possibilities for you based on your current Defence pay rate and lifestyle.